About Export Promotion and Development Group
The main objectives of the Export Promotion and Development Group:
- To improve Lithuania's agricultural and food products balance of trade.
- To promote Lithuania’s integration into the world market.
- To promote Lithuania's export of agricultural and food products by developing e-business.
- To form Lithuania's export strategy of agricultural and food products.
- To create a good image of Lithuania's agricultural and food products.
- To find new markets for agricultural and food products.
- To promote Lithuania's agricultural and food products in local and foreign markets.
- To popularize products of national heritage.
- To promote the production of exceptional quality agricultural and food products, to promote the agricultural and food brand of exceptional quality, to process and disseminate information on exceptional quality agricultural and food products.
Main activities of the Export Promotion and Development Group:
- Organization of participation of Lithuanian agricultural and food products producers in international exhibitions, fairs and trade missions.
- Presentation of Lithuanian agriculture and food industry in international exhibitions, fairs, and trade missions.
- Consultation of Lithuanian food industry companies by participating in international exhibitions, fairs, and trade missions.
- Constant accumulation and dissemination of information for Lithuanian companies about international agricultural and food products exhibitions organized in the world.
- Organization of meetings with potential Lithuanian agricultural and food products importers.
- Creation of positive image of Lithuanian agricultural and food products.
- Administration of the database on the people interested in Lithuanian agricultural and food products.
- Provision of information about Lithuanian food industry companies and their products to those interested.
- Organization of preparation and issue of Lithuania's food exporters' catalogue.
- Organization of seminars in order to increase the capacities of the employees of the producers in the field of export development.
- Exchange of information with associations of Lithuania and other countries, Embassies, consular offices, representations and other organizations involved in export's development opportunities.
- Constant administration and improvement of the websites “Virtual Fair”, “Trade Terms”, collection and placement of information on these sites.
- Formation of the attractive image of national heritage products at home and abroad.
- Administration of exceptional quality product website, organization of information seminars on exceptional quality products, the performance of exceptional quality product demonstrative promos, dissemination of information on exceptional quality products as well as the execution of other functions related to the propagation and promotion of exceptional quality products.