The Agency for Rural Business and Market Development is a non-profit, limited civil liability public company acting in the fields of regulation of the market for agricultural and food products, foreign trade and provision of methodological assistance to economic operators.
The purpose of the establishment activities is to satisfy public interests, to implement the policy measures for the regulation and organization of the agricultural and food market, export promotion, export/import facility administration, control and monitoring by means of ban unfair actions of raw milk sellers and raw milk buyers when buying and selling raw milk, as well as in the field of coordination of vocational training of agricultural and rural development participants, and creation and implementation of national heritage product marketing in accordance with the laws and regulations.
Activity Areas of the establishment:
- Implements measures to promote agricultural and food exports.
- Administers the system of export and import licences for agricultural products and the import tariff quotas for agricultural products.
- Administers the regulation of the agricultural and food market financed by the European Agricultural Guarantee Fund.
- Administers information on agricultural and food products and sales promotion measures.
- Organizes the implementation of short chains for food and mixed food and non-food supply, consults and provides methodological assistance to producer groups and cooperative companies (cooperatives).
- Participates in the implementation of education programs in the field of agriculture and food, rural development and fisheries.
- Organizes and conducts qualification development of agricultural and rural development participants.
- Accredits advisory bodies and consultants.
- Promotes national heritage products, traditional crafts, and participates in the processes associated with the certification of national heritage products, traditional craft training programs, traditional fairs, as well as traditional craft masters.
- Implements the rights and duties of the control institution.